The Garage Presents…The Neighbourhood Watch.
On the last Wednesday of each month, VIVID hosts The Neighbourhood Watch, an open submission film night devised and developed by The Neighbourhood.
2011 dates: Wed 31 August | Wed 28 Sep | Wed 26 Oct | Wed 30 Nov
Unlike most screening nights The Neighbourhood will accept films completely blind. They’ve formulated a set of submission guidelines to give the night a little structure however given their love for bending and breaking rules, we stress that these are but guidelines.
1) We suggest films be no longer than five minutes.
2) Films must be have been made quite recently. Let’s say within the last six months.
3) Any genre of film shall be accepted, provided all rights to screen are owned by the filmmaker.
4) Slots shall be filled on a delightfully clichéd first-come-first-served basis. Filmmakers must register their submission before the night by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Last time we closed a week before and all slots were filled. When we’ve filled the one month, we’ll start to collect for the next
5) All filmmakers must attend. We ask that they bring their films on the night on a playable and tested DVD. If said DVD could be rendered in 16:9 aspect ratio (pillarboxed if necessary) our lives become infinitely better.
6) The order in which films are screened shall be selected at random, from an oversized hat. Or a bag, it depends really.
Following the shorts, a 'specially selected mini-feature will be screened to crown the evening. We’d like to thank all who have suggested films to fill this spot, but a special thanks must go to Kino 10 ( www.kino10.com ) for ongoing support and assistance with this.
Admission is charged at £2 and includes popcorn and a drink. Doors open at 7pm, and films will kick off around 7.20pm.
The Neighbourhood Watch is presented as part of The Garage presents… a brand new strand of one off events at VIVID embracing music, live arts, installation, performance, digital and sonic media.